Pre-marketing gains erased
The pre-market gains have been erased and the major indices open almost unchanged and move slightly higher early in the session. A snapshot of the market a few minutes after opening shows:
- S&P index up 2.85 points or 0.08% to 3873.78
- NASDAQ index up 12.7 points or 0.11% to 13,372
- Dow up 61 points or 0.20% on 31453
looking at other markets:
- spot gold is trading down $ 24.25 or -1.4% from $ 1,714.10
- SPot Silver is trading down $ 0.54 from -2.02% to $ 26.23
- Bitcoin is trading up $ 3,700 or 7.8% to $ 51,100
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $ 1.03 or 1.72% to $ 60.77
In the US debt market, yields remain significantly higher with the steeper yield curve.
A look at the major indices continues to show that the GBP is the strongest, but the NZD and AUD are fighting for the weakest now (it was the CHF at the start of the NA session). The USD is higher against the open and the dollar is reacting to higher / lower gold rates).
Stocks fall with the NASDAQ and S&P now negative.