Dow and S&P are now down. The Nasdaq is higher
The larger US equity indices open higher, but turned lower early in the session. The S&P is now trading negative after opening upward. The Dow Jones is also negative. The Nasdaq retains modest gains.
An overview of the market, 6 minutes after the start of the shows
- S&P Index -4.68 points or -0.13% to 3690.24. The high price reached 3698.08
- NASDAQ index up 25.542 points or 0.20% to 12,768.05. Its high price reached 12786.27
- Dow industrial average -91.25 points or -0.30% at 30,125.20. Its high price reaches 30200.20
an overview of other markets when US equities open:
- Spot gold is up $ 1.12 or 0.06% to $ 1,878.11.
- Cash is down $ -0.26 or -1.0% to $ 25.92.
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $ 0.85 or -1.79% at $ 47.11
- Bitcoin on Coinbase is now trading between $ 347 and $ 23,500
In the US debt market, yields have fallen further down since New York opened by around 1 basis point:
- 2 years 0.116%, -0.4 basis point
- 5 years 0.367%, -1.3 basis points
- 10 years 0.918%, -1.7 basis point
- 30 years 1.654%, -1.8 basis points