Price action has been volatile in the last trading hour
We have just entered the last trading hour of the day and if history is a guide, we should have another volatile hour.
The values at the start of the hour indicate:
- The S&P index rose 84.81 points or 3.19% to 2,744.22. It’s right next to the high of 2745.33.
- The NASDAQ index is up 196.97 points or 2.5% to 8,084.23. The high prices at 8085.83
- The Dow Jones is up 729.56 points or 3.22% to 23,383.42. Today’s high is 23394.99
In other markets before the last hour:
- spot gold trades up $ 4.52 or 0.27% to $ 1,652.24
- WTI crude oil futures are $ 25.09, but are already trading at $ 25.90 after closing. Algeria’s shutdown and positive rumors from Russia about lower production help oil prices to rise
On the American debt market:
- 2 years 0.252%, down -0.8 basis points
- 10 years 0.7611%, +4.89 basis points
- 30 years 1.361%, +6.7 basis points