The main indices still close higher for the week
Major US stock indexes end the day lower as traders digest Pres. Trump’s Covid diagnosis and no new stimulus deal from Dems and GOP.
Although the NASDAQ fell more than 2% today, the index still closed higher for the second week in a row. The S&P Index and the Dow Industrial Average also closed higher for the week. The Dow and the S&P broke a losing 4-week streak. Stocks broke a 2-day winning streak today. The Dow Jones is down 434 points to a low.
The final figures show:
- The S&P index fell -32.31 points or -0.96% to 3,348.49. Its high price reaches 3369.10. Its low price rose to 3323.69
- The NASDAQ index fell -251.49 points or -2.22% to 11,075.03. Its high price reaches 11,244.87. Its low price is extended to 11,033.69
- The Dow industrial average fell -134.15 points or -0.48% to 27,682.75. Its high price reaches 27,861.43. Its low price is extended to 27382.94
During the week, industrial Dow led the way to the upside:
- The S&P index rose 1.52%
- The NASDAQ index rose 1.48%
- Dow’s industrial average rose 1.87%