Dow and S&P are up for 7 consecutive days
The Dow industrial average led the way for equities to rise with a gain of 1.3%.
- The Dow index closes at the highest level since February 24 and is only 2.6% from the level unchanged for the year.
- The Dow and S&P have closed higher for 7 consecutive days.
- The S&P Index is the longest winning streak since April 2019.
- The Dow’s winning streak is the longest since September 2019.
- S&P is within 1% of record close
- The NASDAQ index closed lower in the day and is on a 2 day losing streak.
The final figures show:
- S&P Index up 9.21 points or 0.27% to 3,360.49. The high price reached 3363.29. The low price rose to 3335.44
- The NASDAQ index fell 42.67 points or -0.39% to 10,968.35. The high was at 11,040.25 while the low extended at 10,849.46
- Dow’s industrial average rose 357.96 points or 1.3% to 27,791.44. The high price reached 27,803.86. The low price spread to 27,488.21.
The biggest Dow Jones winners were:
- Boeing, + 5.52%
- Caterpillar, + 5.26%
- Raytheon Technologies, + 4.87%
- Nike, + 3.48%
- Chevron, + 3.41%
The biggest losers in the Dow Jones included:
- Microsoft, -1.95%
- Disney, -0.89%
- J&J, -0.44%
- McDonald’s, -0.22%
- Coca-Cola, -0.17%
Other winners today include:
- American steel, + 11.67%
- Wynn Resorts, + 9.95%
- United Airlines, + 9.35%
- FedEx, + 8.89%
- Delta Air Lines, + 7.95%
- Alcoa, + 6.17%
- Southwest Airlines + 5.14%