Is it the higher dollar?
The pattern at the end was a lower dollar / higher stocks.
The dollar continues its upward movement today, its Friday, its end of the month. Earning fears are gone, at least for most frequent travelers. The coronavirus bill is a dead end.
So why not go the other way around in the clues?
The market snapshot currently shows:
- S&P index -21.6 points or -0.67% to 3224.76
- NASDAQ Index -14 points or -0.13% at 10,572.30
- Dow is down 275 points or -1.04% at 26,039
How are the Big 4s of yesterday?
- Apple, up $ 23.62 or 6.14% to $ 408.38
- Amazon is up $ 102 or 3.36% to 3,154.41
- Facebook is up $ 17,402 or 7.42%
- Google is under increasing pressure. It is currently down $ 78 or -5.08% to $ 1,460.18
About Microsoft Netflix and Tesla?
- Microsoft trades at $ 200.31, down $ 3.59 or 1.76%
- Netflix is up $ 1.04 or 0.21% to $ 486.84
- Tesla is down $ 47.67 or -3.2% to $ 1,439.82