The S&P and Dow index slide lower during the day
US equities closed the session with mixed results. On the positive side, the NASDAQ index continues to outperform.
- It increased for the 7th of the last 8 trading days.
- Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft to close at record levels
- NASDAQ is up 17.56% over the year. It far exceeds the S&P index at -2.44%. Dow’s industrial average is down almost 10% over the year
The S&P Index and the Dow Industry Average underperformed. Each of these clues fell on the day.
The latest figures show:
- S&P Index -17.84 points or -0.56% to 3,152.10
- NASDAQ Index +55.25 points or 0.53% to 10,547.75
- Average industrial Dow -360 points or -1.39% to 25,706.10