German DAX -0.1%. CAC of France -0.4%
Major European indices end the day lower after failing to hold on to earlier gains. The temporary fences show:
- German DAX, -0.1%. Highest reached + 0.75%
- CAC of France, -0.4%. The high price reached + 0.67%
- UK FTSE 100, -0.3%. The high price reached + 0.54%
- Ibex from Spain, -0.8%. The high price reached + 0.88%
- Italy FTSE MIB, -0.7%. The high price reached + 0.82%
In the US stock market, as traders in London look to exit, the markets are currently mixed with the S&P and Dow industrial average negative while the NASDAQ index is consistently higher:
- S&P -1.93 point or -0.05% at 3849.85
- NASDAQ index +47 points 6 points or 0.36% at 13,504.64
- Dow industrial average -45 points or -0.15% at 31,142.50
A snapshot of the US debt market shows that yields are generally higher with a steeper yield curve. The 2-10-year spread fell from 95.32 basis points to 97.43 basis points.
In Europe, benchmark 10-year yields are all higher with an Italian yield up 6.7 basis points. The UK at 10 years increases the lease by +2.5 basis points.
In the forex market today, the GBP remains the strongest of the majors, while the JPY is the weakest. The CAD became the second weakest major currency ahead of the USD.
- Spot gold is trading down $ 8.16 or -0.43% to $ 1,863.85.
- Cash is down $ 0.10 or -0.42% to $ 25.74.
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $ 0.36 to 0.68% from $ 52.95
- Bitcoin is trading down $ 3,500 or -10.03% and $ 31,300