USD is in the middle with mixed results
Looking at the ranges and changes, the ranges of most pairs are relatively stable, all expect the GBPUSD to have a trading range of 36-43 pips. The GBPUSD has a range of 63 pips. JPY pairs – usually an indication of risk – are all higher and closer to highs in general.
IN other markets:
- Spot gold is trading down -4.60 or -0.25% $ 1,841.05
- Cash is trading up $ 0.06 or 0.23% from $ 25.28
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $ 0.35 or -0.64% from $ 52.58
- Bitcoin on Coinbase trades for $ 1,070 and $ 38,366. The high price hit $ 38,800. Low price increased to $ 36,751.11
In the pre-market for US stocks, futures imply a slightly higher open
- S&P index up 6.5 points
- Dow industrial average up 95 points
- NASDAQ index up 1 point
On the European stock markets, the main indices trade with modest gains or losses:
- German DAX + 0.2%
- CAC of France, + 0.05%
- UK FTSE 100 + 0.5%
- Ibex from Spain, -0.1%
- Italy FTSE MIB, -0.1%
In the US debt market, yields rebound from yesterday’s decline. T-bills managed to auction 10- and 30-year issues on Tuesday and Wednesday, but yields are higher after last week’s rally.
In the European debt market, benchmark 10-year yields are trading mixed. Italian yields are higher after the resignation of the government yesterday which threatened the coalition.