The S&P Index and the Dow Industrial Average closed down around -1.10%
Major indices are dropping in trade today after earlier gains.
- Russell 2000 and down carries intraday record high, but close lower
- The industrial average of S&P and Dow drops every year around -1.16%
- All S&P Sectors Closed Lower
- utilities, health and energy were hit the hardest
- Russell 2000 small cap stocks close lower for 1st time in 4 days (-1.26%)
- Dow and S&P, NASDAQ after 2-day losing streak
The final figures show:
- S&P Index -41.76 points or -1.16% to 3,567.77. Its high price reaches 3,619.09. The low price rose to 3,567.33
- The NASDAQ index fell -97.73 points or -0.82% to 11,801.68. The high price reached 11,942.49. Low price increased to 11,799.96
- The Dow industrial average fell -345.25 points or -1.16% to 29,438.10. Its high price reaches 29,930.05. The low price increased to 29432.84
- The rising Russell 2000 index for small cap stocks fell -22.59 points or -1.26% to 1,769.32 after hitting an intraday high of 1805.203. The Russell Index fell sharply in March, but rose 83.72% from that low.